ithurts.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diagnosed With a Herniated Disc? By: Dr. Robert Duvall, DPT, ATC, MGFI

Go down

Diagnosed With a Herniated Disc? By: Dr. Robert Duvall, DPT, ATC, MGFI Empty Diagnosed With a Herniated Disc? By: Dr. Robert Duvall, DPT, ATC, MGFI

Post  Admin Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm

You've probably heard people say they have a "slipped" or "ruptured" disc in the back. Sometimes they complain that their back “went out”. What they're most likely describing is a herniated disc. This condition is a common source of back and leg pain.

Discs are soft cushions found between the vertebrae that make up the spinal column (your backbone). In the middle of the spinal column is the spinal canal, a hollow space that contains the spinal cord. The nerves that supply the arms, leg, and torso come from the spinal cord.

The nerves from the neck supply the arms and hands, and the nerves from the low back supply the butt and legs. The discs between the vertebrae allow the back to move freely and act like shock absorbers.

The disc is made up of two main sections. The outer part (the annulus) is made up of tough cartilage that is comprised of series of rings. The center of the disc is a jelly-like substance called the nucleus pulposus. A disc herniates or ruptures when part of the jelly center pushes through the outer wall of the disc into the spinal canal, and puts pressure on the nerves. A disc bulge is when the jelly substance pushes the outer wall but doesn't completely go through the wall.

What do you feel?

Low back pain will affect four out of five people during their lifetime. The most common symptom of a herniated disc is “sciatica”. Sciatica is best described as a sharp, often shooting pain that begins in the buttocks and goes down the back of one leg. This is most often caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve that exits the spinal cord. Other symptoms include:

• Weakness in one leg or both legs

• Numbness and tingling in one leg (pins & needles)

• A burning pain centered in the low back

• Loss of bladder or bowel control (seek medical attention immediately)

• Back pain with gradually increasing leg pain. (If you have weakness in both legs. Seek immediate attention.)

How do you know you have a herniated disc?

Your medical history is key to a proper diagnosis. A physical examination can usually determine which nerve roots are affected (and how seriously). A simple x-ray may show evidence of disc or degenerative spine changes. An MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is usually the best option (most expensive) to determine which disc has herniated.

Why do discs herniate?

Discs are primarily composed of water. As we become older (after the age of 30), the water content decreases, so the discs begin to shrink and lose their shape. When the disc becomes smaller the space between the vertebrae decreases and become narrower. Also, as the disc loses water content the disc itself becomes less flexible.

While aging, excess weight, improper lifting and the decrease in water in the discs all contribute to the breaking down of discs, the primary cause of a herniation or bluge is uneven compression and torsion that's placed on the discs.

This uneven pressure is caused by imbalances in muscles that pull the spine out of its normal position and then your body is forced to function in what I call a physical dysfunction. Every human being develops these dysfunctions over time and eventually they cause enough damage to create pain.

The best treatment options

When it comes to treating a herniated disc, there are traditional treatments such as ice/heat, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, cortisone injections, anti-inflammatory medications and even surgery. While these may deliver some relief, it will usually be temporary if at all.

But the major problem with these traditional treatments is that they can't fix or heal a herniated disc as they do not address the actual cause of the problem. For example, even if you were to have a surgery and get some pain relief, the fact is the dysfunctions that caused the disc to herniated in the first place are still there and if not addressed, they will continue to place uneven pressure and strain on the discs and sooner or later you will likely have another problem with that disc, or others.

Without identifying and addressing the underlying cause of the problem, which is the physical dysfunctions caused by imbalances in muscles, you will likely continue to suffer with this condition and the continuous flare ups for years.
Unfortunately, most doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists don't spend time or focus on identifying the physical dysfunctions that are responsible for the condition so most people end up jumping from one useless traditional treatment to the next and suffer for months or years unnecessarily.

If you have been diagnosed with a herniated disc, or are wondering if your back pain may be caused by a herniated disc, either way you must identify and address the physical dysfunctions that are causing your pain as part of your recovery.

Back Pain Caused By A Herniated Disc?

Do What These People Did To Get Their Lives Back...

"Drastic Improvements After Just One Week"

"There were days I could not move. The pain in my right leg and lower back was the WORST pain I had ever felt! I went to a chiropractor and it was decent at best, but it did not have any long-term relief. I discovered losethebackpain.com and I decided to order the product. I must say... that was THE best choice I had ever made. They are very friendly, helpful to your needs and you can even email them and they will respond to your specific questions!

I tried the program, and after only one week I felt drastic improvements! I cannot say enough how impressed I am with their knowledge, product, and assistance. This IS the answer you've been looking for!"

"I Felt Better The Very First Day!"

"I must say that I took your DVD with some apprehension, but within a day....yes a day, I started to feel better. I have had back trouble since I was 14 years old from playing a lot of soccer. I am now 42. I have visited everyone from Physiotherapists to chiropractors.....Had all sorts of x-rays, no one helped me at all. It gets worse from time to time which is why I just visited a chiropractor here in Tennessee. 4 weeks with that guy gave me something I never had before.........Sciatica !! I felt better from the very next day using your system.... It has virtually gone now within 2 weeks. Thanks for everything, I'll recommend this to anyone. Always in your debt."
Paul Hart - Morristown, Tennessee

" I had been suffering from Lower Back Pain (Slip Disc) for the past 9 years. During this period I was hospitalized quite a few times for back pain treatment. I went through different types of treatment like Physio therapy, Traction, Anti-Inflammatories, etc. After being totally frustrated and searching for cure I came across this web site “Losethebackpain” in the ItHurts.com website and this was the starting point of my recovery. I couldn’t believe myself that the shooting pain in my hip totally disappeared in just 3 days After going through the bad experiences for the past 9 years I was not totally convinced of the cure and was expecting for the pain to return any moment like it used to happen before. It’s over 4 months since starting these exercises and till date there is no sign of pain. My sincere advice to all Sciatic patients is to stop trying other treatments as they give only temporary relief. Just try this treatment and see the difference, you will be live and kicking again. My only regret is that I could not come across similar treatment 9 years before. Thanks to Steve Hefferon and Jesse Cannone we have the treatment available now."
Mohammed Suhail Gamidi - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

"I am a 70 year old retired Fire Chief from the Chicago Fire Department. I thought that I was going to have to go on with a sore hip and back for the rest of my life. After spending 34 years on the streets of Chicago, with it's harsh winters, that was a reasonable expectation. I received your system last Wednesday and started right away. The relief was immediate! I'm happy to report that your program worked just as I had hoped it would. Thanks for your direct and caring approach to resolving this painful problem. Last week I was ready to go shopping for a walking stick. Now I don't need one!"
Bennie L. Crane - Chicago, Illinois

Here Are The Exact Tools They Used To Wipe Out Their Back Pain...

Component #1: Lose The Back Pain Videos
Your first step is to watch the videos... there are 2 videos and here's a quick explanation of what's covered on each:

Video 1 - On the first video you'll learn all the details about muscle imbalances and how they are causing and contributing to your pain.

Then we'll walk you thru the self assessments and help you pinpoint which physical dysfunctions you have and you'll quickly see how they are responsible for your pain.

Video 2 - Once you've identified your dysfunctions, we then walk you through the corrective exercises, stretches and self treatments that are specific to your physical condition and are necessary in order for you to rebalance your body and eliminate your pain.

Component #2: Lose The Back Pain Audio CD's

In addition to the two videos, you'll also receive 3 audio CD's.

Here's what's covered on the CD's:

Audio CD 1 - How To Get the Best Results Using The System - On this first CD we explain in detail how to use the system and how to get relief as quickly as possible.

Audio CD 2 - Strategies for Reducing and Managing Pain - On this CD you'll learn about more than a dozen strategies for reducing and effectively managing your pain while you also work on eliminating the underlying cause.

Audio CD 3 - Condition Specific Recommendations - If you've been diagnosed with a specific condition, CD 3 will give you specific recommendations, techniques and treatments you may also want to consider. These recommendations are in addition to addressing your imbalances and are explained in great detail.

Component #3: Lose The Back Pain Reference Manual

Another vital part of the Lose the Back Pain System is the extensive reference manual. In addition to reviewing the information covered on the videos and audio CD's, it also covers several topics in much great detail.

Plus, all of the corrective exercises, stretches and pain reduction strategies are included in the manual so you can easily take it with you so you'll never be wondering what you are supposed to be doing or if you are doing things correctly.

Component #4: Lose The Back Pain Personal Support (OPTIONAL)

One of the reasons people get such great results using our system is because we provide extensive, effective and unlimited personal support.

Just like we have for tens of thousands of others, we will also provide you with the ongoing support and motivation that you need but aren't getting from your doctor or other health care providers.

Once you begin using our system, we will work with you personally to ensure you get the best possible results using our system in the shortest amount of time. We'll answer any and all questions you have and make sure that you are making steady and consistent progress.

You'll receive the following for 90 days:
Unlimited email support
Unlimited phone support
Active Discussion forum
Professional Review of Your Assessment Photos and Findings
Personalized Recommendations, Motivation and Support
Consult with your healthcare professionals if necessary
You have unlimited access to us... anytime you have questions simply email or call us and we will personally answer your questions with a detailed response within 48 hours, often times much faster!

Whether you have questions about how to use our system or just general questions about back pain and your body, we'll be here for you to answer them... You can't get this kind of support anywhere... not even from your doctor!

We spend a lot of time working with our customers one on one and therefore we can't guarantee how much longer we will be able offer this so we suggest you take advantage of it now while you still can.

You will have the option of adding the 90-days of unlimited support to your order during the check out process if ordering online or ask to add it when ordering by phone.

We know that even though our system has been proven to work extremely well, in fact far better than traditional treatments, and even though we offer unlimited personal support, you still may be wondering...

"what if it doesn't work for me?"
"Surprised by the personal service..."

"I was really surprised by the email and phone support I received from Steve and Jesse. I had several questions about the video and the exercises I should be doing and got replies to my several emails within 24 hours. This is more than I expected when I ordered the video. I don't think there are many people like Steve and Jesse who aren't just selling videos but rather they are providing personal service to assist the people who buy the product."
George M, 76 years old - San Diego, California

Well, that's why we offer a 100 % money back guarantee...
You Can Try Our Lose The Back Pain System Totally Risk FREE...

100% Money Back Guarantee

"If The Lose The Back Pain System Does Not Provide You With Quick and Lasting Pain Relief, Simply Send It Back At Anytime For A Prompt and Courteous Refund"

Order the Lose The Back Pain System... perform the self assessments, begin your customized self treatment plan... put it's proven strategies to the test for up to 1 year... and you be the judge!

All we ask is that you let the system work for you for at least 60 days to allow time to notice improvement. If after 60 days or more of using the system, you aren't noticing improvements and starting to feel much better, simply return the system for a full refund... NO Questions Asked!

If it hurts we can help!
James Dean @ ItHurts.com

ItHurts.com is the premier health & wellness company that provides a community where people can talk to each other about their pain and share ideas that help you relieve and eliminate your pain.

Admin
Admin

https://ithurts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down